Protection of the environment is one of the European Union priorities. EU legislation introduces strict standards concerning the reduction of air pollutant emission, waste treatment and utilization of municipal and industrial waste. Within the framework of the new perspective, it will be possible to obtain funds for increasing renewable energy production, using non-renewable energy raw materials, energy-related modernisation of buildings, waste management,
Example projects for which funds can be obtained within the framework of:
I. National Operational Programme – Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme
- construction, reconstruction of systems, resulting in increasing the power of land wind farms;
- construction, reconstruction of systems, resulting in increasing the power of units which use biomass;
- construction, reconstruction of systems, resulting in increasing the power of units which use biogas;
- construction, reconstruction of systems, resulting in increasing the power of units which use water or solar energy, or geothermal energy.
- construction and reconstruction of electrical power system with the minimum voltage of 110 kV, used for connecting renewable energy sources
- redevelopment of production lines to make them more energy-efficient
- comprehensive energy-related modernisation of buildings
- construction or reconstruction of internal receiving systems and elimination of current heat sources;
- installation of micro-cogeneration or micro-trigeneration for one’s own use;
- installation of renewable energy sources in buildings which are modernised in terms of energy consumption, if this results from a performed energy audit.
- preparation of energy-related modernisation projects which constitute a part of an investment project;
- installation of individual heat meters, cooling meters and meters for hot utility water;
- installation of riser valves and thermostats,
- creating green roofs and “living, green walls”,
- carrying out energy audits as a part of an investment project
- modernising any part of infrastructure connected with technical equipment in public buildings, which uses energy for its operation (e.g. lifts):
- insulating external partitions of a building, including external walls, floors, roofs and flat roofs, replacement of windows, external doors;
- replacing lighting with energy-saving lighting
- reconstruction of heating systems (or connecting a heat source which is more energy-efficient and more ecologically effective);
- installing/reconstructing cooling systems, also with the use of renewable energy sources;
- constructing and reconstructing ventilation and air-condition systems;
- applying HVAC automation systems;
- applying energy management systems in the building.
Additionally, within the framework of 1.6 measure which includes highly-efficient energy production, it is assumed that support will be used to develop new capacity, or increase the existing capacity (as a result of expansion or reconstruction) of current electrical energy production units or heat generation units with the use of highly efficient cogeneration technology in cogeneration units with the total nominal electrical power exceeding 1 MW.
Investment support from Infrastructure and Environment Operational Programme is to be repayable. The form of a repayable instrument to be applied depends on the result of a test, carried out by IZ, concerning the ex-ante analysis of financial instruments, in accordance with art. 37 of the Commission Regulation (EU) 1303/2014.
Horizontal aid. In accordance with the rules specified in an aid programme or individual notification, however no more than 85%.
Example projects for which funding can be obtained within the framework of:
II. Regional Operational Programmes:
- generation and distribution of energy from renewable sources
- comprehensive, energy-related modernisation of public buildings, residential buildings,
- investments in heating and cooling systems
- creating comprehensive systems of waste management and supplementing the existing ones
- removing and neutralizing products containing asbestos
- wastewater management projects
Up to 85% of eligible costs of a project, subject to the following:
- Guidelines in the scope of issues connected with the preparation of investment projects, including profit-generating projects and hybrid projects for the years 2014-2020 apply to projects which meet the definition of profit-generating projects;
- for projects qualified for public aid – in accordance with relevant rules.